Thursday, April 28, 2011

IF: Bicycle

When I was about eight I had a super cool bike with a sparkly-red banana seat. On the thing that covers the chain it said Eat My Dust and had a bunch of flames painted on it. I LOVED that bike. And for some crazy reason I thought I was some kind of daredevil – I would literally stand on it with one leg and coast around. In my mind I was putting on a performance for the passersby. Until the day I hit a crack on the sidewalk and came crashing to the ground. I was trapped and bleeding under the bike. But I still loved it!

Which reminds me, I noticed most of the drawings included helmets. I say helmet-shmelmet. In my day we were tough kids who rode hard, played hard and got hurt hard – with no cranial protection what so ever. And we turned out just fine! (I think) :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary Mackean said...

Hey thanks very much for the kind comments! I love your bike- mega cool! Great illustration!

April 28, 2011 at 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home